QR Codes Allow Customers to Scan, Pay and Go
QR codes offer a quick & safe way for your customers to pay. QR code payments function like a normal Point of Sale (POS) terminal: a customer uses their phone to scan the QR code and completes the payment on the spot.
How to Use a QR Code for Payment
- Include a QR code on your billing statements. This way customers have the option to scan-to-pay immediately. In time, the convenience will turn your traditionally paper bill paying customers into online bill payers.
- Print out a QR code, place it on an item and allow customers to scan and pay.
- Post your QR code at your checkout counter. Instead of physically interacting with your POS terminal, customers simply scan your code.
- If you’re offering curbside pickup or delivery, print out your QR code and attach it to packaging containing your customer’s items. Customers can scan the code at a safe distance to pay you.
- QR codes can be used to easily create touchless menu and payment options. Simply include a QR code on the receipt to provide that payment option.
- If you offer takeout, print out your QR code and put it in your store window. Your customers point their smartphone camera at the code and are taken to a webpage where they enter the amount they owe and tap to finalize the payment.
Merchants should look for the right provider
If a merchant wants to offer QR code payments to its customers, it should be sure to partner with the right payment provider. Work with a provider that’s going to give you multiple payment options so you can in turn give your customers the option to pay how they prefer.
The Benefits of Accepting QR Code Payments
- A QR code can be printed and placed anywhere: outside a shop, on a website or in an email. This means that customers don’t need to be anywhere near a merchant and can complete payments from a safe distance.
- QR codes eliminate any need for cards or payment terminals – the only equipment necessary is a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet.
- QR codes are actually more secure than card payments: all information is encrypted and customers don’t need to fill in details on a website.